The Musical Brain conference has come to my attention and looks very interesting.
Full details from conference website
The Musical Brain, Arts, Science & the Mind 2010 Conference
Robert Schumann The Man, the Mind, the Music in his 200th anniversary year
A weekend of talks, discussions and concerts inspired by Schumann at St John’s, Smith Square, London SW1P 2HA
Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd October 2010
- Prof. John Cox, Clinical Psychiatrist,visiting Professor of Mental Health, University of Gloucestershire, Past President, Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Dr. Jessica Grahn, Research Scientist, MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge and Associate Lecturer in Biological Psychology, Open University
- Stephen Johnson, Writer, Music Journalist, BBC Radio 3 Presenter
- Prof. Stefan Koelsch, Music Psychologist, Department of Education and Psychology, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Nigel Osborne, Composer, Specialist in music therapy for war traumatised children, Professor of music and Co-director IMHSD, University of Edinburgh.
- Dr. Katie Overy, Music Psychologist, Senior Lecturer, Co-director IMHSD, University of Edinburgh.
- Prof. Michael Trimble, Behavioural Neurologist, Institute of Neurology, London.
Concerts with Ian Brown piano, James Gilchrist tenor, Anna Tilbrook piano and The Sacconi Quartet, including works by Schumann, Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Mahler & Elgar